Hardware trigger will not scan/work
This is a common issue in which the Hardware Trigger setting in the Intermec Settings app gets disabled for unknown reasons. Navigate to this location, and make sure that Hardware Trigger is checked, then tap OK:
Settings > System > Intermec Settings > Data Collection > Internal
Scanner > Scanner Settings > Hardware Trigger
All other issues
If you cannot resolve an issue that appears to be device-related (hardware or software), the following instructions will perform a complete reset of the device, restoring it to factory defaults. Please follow these instructions to configure the device for the Bedrock environment after doing so.
To clean boot a CK3X / CK3R mobile computer, follow the steps below (reference here):
- Press and hold the 'Power' button for about 2 seconds to suspend the computer.
- Remove the battery pack from the back of the device.
- With a stylus, press the 'Reset' button in the battery cavity.
- Insert the battery pack into the computer and immediately press and hold the 'Power' button.
- Continue to hold the 'Power' button until the 'Release IO Button' prompt appears on the screen.
- Press the 2 keys, as instructed. In this example, the '9' and '6' keys are used. It can be any 2 keys.
- Release the button and the message 'Enter first key in 20 seconds' appears on the screen. Press '9' on the keypad.
- The message 'Enter second key in 6 seconds' appears on the screen. Press '6' on the keypad.
- The message 'Reconfirm first key in 6 seconds' appears on the screen. Press '9' again.
- The message 'Reconfirm second key in 6 seconds' appears on the screen. Press '6' again.
- The message 'Clean boot confirmed' appears on the screen. The device starts the process of clean booting.