How to install and get ready to collaborate using Teams on your various devices.
While Microsoft Teams is available and functions very well in a web browser (webapp), Teams definitely operates best, and offers the widest range of functionality and reliability, when used through a native application on your Mac, PC, iPhone or Android-based devices.
Teams can be installed by non-administrative users on each of these platforms, so you shouldn't run into any roadblocks when attempting to do so, if it's not already installed on your devices.
- First, head to the Microsoft Teams download page and download the latest version of Teams.
- Click on the installer and follow the prompts to install.
- Once installed, open the Teams application from your Applications folder (Mac) or Start menu (Windows).
- Sign into Teams as you would any other Office application, using your Filson/Shinola/Bedrock credentials, and providing multi-factor authentication when asked.
- Once signed in, you're done! There are no further steps.
Installation of Teams on your mobile device (including tablets) is a snap—you should be able to find the Microsoft Teams app in your device's App store, and install directly from there:
Once installed, open the app and sign in, and you're done! You can now participate fully on your mobile device, even audio/video conferences (yes, you can even call other colleagues via Teams just as you would using a regular ol' phone!).
Once you've logged in, please read our quick Introduction to Teams article on how to function at a basic level in Teams.