Bedrock requires that all meeting organizers book mobile display units for meetings (as they do for conference rooms). If a meeting room does not have a fixed display, a display unit will need to be booked in addition to the meeting room.
If you require assistance in booking a conference room, please see this article.
- All equipment checked out for use is the responsibility of the organizer, and must be returned to the IT Service Desk at the conclusion of the meeting. It is your responsibility to retrieve and return the mobile display from and to its dedicated storage space.
- Be sure to book the display unit and room at least 30 minutes prior to the start time of your meeting to allow yourself time for the transit and configuration of the display.
- Do not rewire the units. If you believe the unit is incorrectly wired or needs adjustment, please engage the IT Service Desk.
- If you need to change the input on the unit, please be sure to set it back to what it was originally at the conclusion of your meeting.
Each unit has its own capabilities, so it's important to book the unit that meets your needs.
- Mobile Display One — This display has a large soundbar for excellent audio; a high-definition webcam; and a full-fledged Windows PC which can be used for Lifesize conferencing. It also has additional inputs for connecting a laptop or other device for display mirroring. This unit is unavailable at this time.
- Mobile Display Two — This display has a Chrome OS-based PC for web-browsing; a high-definition webcam; and wireless keyboard/mouse. It also has additional inputs for connecting a laptop or other device for display mirroring.
- Mobile Display Three — This display has a stick PC that can be used for web browsing with wireless keyboard/mouse. It also has additional inputs for connecting a laptop or other device for display mirroring.
- Mobile Display Four — This display has inputs for connecting a laptop or other device for display mirroring.
- Mobile Display Units One through Three are stored against the cork wall across from the Service Desk in the IT department, on the 4th floor.
- Mobile Display Unit Four is stored in the Faculty Lounge meeting room on the 5th floor. Note: If you are using the Faculty Lounge and need a mobile display, you still need to book one (unit Four, or otherwise), even if the unit is stored in that room.
Booking a Display
To reserve a display unit, simply add it as a resource to your meeting:
- In Outlook, create a meeting as you would normally and click the Invite button:
- In the To: field, begin typing in the name of the unit you'd like to reserve and select it from the list:
- Clicking the Scheduling button to check availability before actually sending the request off.
- Invite the remaining members of the meeting (or edit otherwise to your satisfaction) and click the Send button when ready.
At the conclusion of your meeting, as mentioned above, please return the unit to its dedicated storage space.
If you're still reading this, kudos to you: please stop by Mark's desk for a high-five.