Office 356 Groups are great for collaboration. For more information on what Office 365 Groups are and how they can work for you and your colleagues, please see this article. Once you're ready, please reach out to Bedrock Support for assistance in creating a group that meets your needs.
If you are a Bedrock Support agent with access privileges that allow you to create Office Groups:
- Log into Outlook Web Access by navigating to outlook.office.com, and enter your standard domain credentials.
- Once in, click the + icon to the right of the Groups section header in your folder list (which appears when you hover over Groups):
If you do not see the Groups section, click the Folders arrow at the top:
- Give your Group a name. Note that, when created, the name of the company you are with will be pre-pended to the name (so, in this case, "Mark's Test Group" will become "Shinola - Mark's Test Group") for organizational reasons.
- Add a description to the group.
- Choose the privacy level appropriate for the contents. We recommend choosing private if any concern is present.
- Choose the language for group-related notifications.
- If you would like emails sent to the Group to be automatically sent to the inboxes of all members, check the "Send copies" checkbox (similar to how a distribution group functions). If this is not checked, messages will remain only in the Group's Conversations, but viewable in Outlook and the Groups application (similar to how a shared mailbox functions).
- Click the Create button at the top of the dialog box.
- After a short delay, you'll be prompted to add members to your newly-formed Group. You may add individuals, other Office 365 Groups, or even external guests*. Guests will not have access to the entire Group, but will be able to participate in Group Conversations (via email) and Files (via OneDrive).
- Once done choosing your members, click the Add button.
Done! You can use the resources of your newly-formed Group via the browser, or connect your desktop and mobile applications to them (i.e. OneDrive, OneNote, Planner, etc.).
* at this time, guests must be added to Office 365 by Bedrock Support before they can be added to Office 365 Groups. Please enter a support request at support.bedrock.com to have your guests added so you can include them in your Groups.