- Under normal circumstances, you should not need any of the following instructions.
- These instructions are currently only for Shinola or Filson Help Desk-issued computers only.
Below are step-by-step instructions on how to get connected to these resources manually (without relying on Group Policy).
- Log in to your computer and verify whether you are able to connect to Microsoft Dynamics AX or your enterprise apps.
- Click on the start menu on the lower right corner of your screen and simply type the first few letters of your application, such as “ax”. If you see the application listed, you are not affected by this bug.
- If you do not see the above item in your start menu please proceed to step 2.
- Press the “ESC” key twice to dismiss the Start menu, then bring it up again.
- In the Start menu, type “remoteapp” and select the “RemoteApp and Desktop Connections” result.
- From the screen below, select the “Access RemoteApp and Desktops” link on the left side of the screen.
- You will then be prompted to enter a URL. In the textbox copy and paste the following URL (web address):
- Click Next then Next again when you see the “ready to set up the connection” screen.
- Enter your credentials and click OK.
- You should then see a window appear “You have successfully set up the following connections”
- Click Finish.
- Now return to the Start menu by clicking the Windows logo in the lower left, and type the first few characters of the application you're looking for. You should see it in the list: